Hang Seng Index ETF (2833.HK)
Now promoted by HSBC Asset Management
- Hang Seng Index ETF (the “HSI ETF”) is an index-tracking fund which aims to match, before expenses, as closely as practicable the performance of the Hang Seng Index (the “Index”).
- The HSI ETF invests primarily in the constituent stocks of the Index.
The HSI ETF is different from a typical unit trust as it is listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited, and like other listed stocks, carry similar risks such as liquidity risk and risk of trading suspension. The market price per Unit could be significantly higher or lower than its Net Asset Value per Unit due to market demand and supply, liquidity and scale of trading spread in the secondary market and will fluctuate during the trading day.
- The HSI ETF is subject to tracking error risks, risks associated with passive investments and risks of concentration of investments in a single market/several constituent stocks of the Index.
- The Manager may, at its discretion, pay dividend out of capital. The Manager may also, at its discretion, pay dividend out of gross income while all or part of the fees and expenses of the HSI ETF are charged to/paid out of the capital of the HSI ETF, resulting in an increase in distributable income for the payment of dividends by the HSI ETF and therefore, the HSI ETF may effectively pay dividend out of capital. Payment of dividends out of capital or effectively out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Any distributions involving payment of dividends out of the capital of the HSI ETF or effectively out of the capital of the HSI ETF may result in an immediate reduction of the Net Asset Value per Unit of the HSI ETF.
- Investment involves risks and investors may lose substantial part of their investment in the HSI ETF.
- Investors should not only base on this material alone to make investment decisions, but should read the HSI ETF’s offering documents (including the full text of the risk factors stated therein) in detail.
HSBC Asset Management spotlights the Hang Seng ETF series
Hang Seng ETF series is now being promoted by HSBC Asset Management, this brand new collaboration enables more clients to access Hong Kong’s leading indices in a convenient and cost-efficient manner.
Hang Seng ETF series is managed by Hang Seng Investment Management (HSVM). HSVM has extensive experience in managing funds (including a series of retail funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs)), institutional accounts and private client portfolios – in particular, funds related to the mainland China and Hong Kong markets.
Designed to capture Hong Kong’s evolving economy
Asia’s premier financial hub. A gateway to mainland China. One of the world’s top IPO markets.
Hong Kong’s economy is constantly evolving and so are the opportunity sets in its thriving stock market. An ETF series that captures the essence of Hong Kong’s leading benchmark indices and changing market sentiments allows investors timely and cost efficient access to the biggest and most exciting investment opportunities on offer.
Why consider the Hang Seng Index (HSI)?
1. Source: Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited, as at 30 June 2021.
The Opportunity - Hang Seng Index ETF (2833.HK)
To support investors that seek investment returns that match the performance of Hang Seng Index (HSI), we now offer Hang Seng Index ETF (2833.HK), an index tracking fund that captures the essence of the Hong Kong stock market with a consistent and highly competitive tracking error.
The strength of Hang Seng Index ETF (2833.HK)
2. Source: Hang Seng Investment Management, as of 30 June 2021. TER as of 31 December 2020. Tracking error: annualized based on the number of dealing days in the past year when daily Tracking difference is calculated.
This page is prepared for general information purposes only and does not have any regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive it. Any views and opinions expressed are subject to change without notice. This document does not constitute an offering document and should not be construed as a recommendation, an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to purchase or subscribe to any investment. Any forecast, projection or target where provided is indicative only and is not guaranteed in any way. HSBC Global Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited (“AMHK”) accepts no liability for any failure to meet such forecast, projection or target. AMHK has based this document on information obtained from sources it reasonably believes to be reliable. However, AMHK does not warrant, guarantee or represent, expressly or by implication, the accuracy, validity or completeness of such information. Investment involves risk. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please refer to the offering document for further details including the risk factors. This document has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission. Copyright © HSBC Global Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited 2021. All rights reserved. This document is issued by HSBC Global Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited.